Bacon and eggs are usually part of any classic breakfast. Most people just can’t say no to a good bacon and egg breakfast. In this twist, you can delight your guests with a yummy twist on the breakfast classic by adding a few extra ingredients and baking it in a pie crust. YUMMY. Makes 6-8 pieces of pie.
What you’ll need:
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crispy
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 1/3 cup creamy goat cheese
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 4 eggs + 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 325oF.
- In a small pan over medium heat, fry onions with a tablespoon of butter. Cook onions until they are clear and soft.
- Turn off heat. Add goat cheese to pan with onions and stir until well mixed.
- Scrape mixture from pan into the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk. Once mixed, add dijon and salt and mix together.
- Pour egg mixture over the goat cheese and onions in the pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until mixture is loose on the top but getting firm around the edges. (You might want to cook it on a cookie sheet as my pie spilled over the edges a bit when I added the tomatoes in the next step).
- Break bacon into medium to small pieces and sprinkle over top of the egg mixture. Add tomatoes and distribute evenly around the pie.
- Bake in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Sprinkle with chives (optional) and serve with toast.